Friday, March 11, 2016

So It Begins

So here it is. Me. All of me. Nothing hidden. Nothing censored. So you will pardon me that I write this blog anonymously. You see, there are lots of pieces of me and not everyone knows everything. which is tiring. What are the pieces of me you ask?

I'm a 30 something female with a wide variety of interests who has a chronic illness that keeps me in bed most days. Not terribly scandalous huh? I'm also a burlesque performer (that's more like it), who was raised in a very religious conservative home and my family doesn't know about my alter ego.

I've written blogs before. Blogs as the real me, blogs as my stage persona. But never a blog written by all of me.  I love being on stage, all the sparkles and feathers, all the glamour and creativity. I also love being me. I love to spend time reading books and drinking whiskey. I have a number of crafts that I'm into (and might blog about later). I also have some pretty cool things I collect. One part of me I don't love is the chronically ill me.

That's the me I can never predict. Will I have a good day? Will I feel good enough to get things accomplished? Will I lay in bed another day in too much pain to move, further shutting me away from the outside world? I never know.

So I invite you to come on this journey with me. This is where I attempt to put all the parts of me back together again. Will you join me on this exploratory journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment